inna "ciekawostka" z wyspy ;)

Ciekawostki, różności, inne sprawy.
Awatar użytkownika
Jacek Kalisiak
Podziękował(-a): 4 times

inna "ciekawostka" z wyspy ;)

Post autor: Jacek Kalisiak »

Z jednej z list dyskusyjnych trafił do mnie taki e-mail:
Last week I attempted to send a small packet containing three mounted and pinned beetle specimens to the NHM. I was interrogated at the post office as to the contents of the packet. 'Scientific specimens' did not satisfy the jobsworth behind the counter, and on learning that they were dead insects, he pronounced that they constituted 'animal remains' which were prohibited from being sent by post.

Despite a long argument I could not persuade him to accept them; he rang some higher authority in the post office, but said it was a definite 'no'.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so what is the answer? In this case I packed them in a smaller envelope with less padding so that they would fit in the local postbox as a 'large letter'. But clearly this is not an option for anything more than just 2 or 3 small specimens.

I really cannot believe that sending dead beetles constitutes an offence, but can we get some official ruling on this?

Martin L (with blood pressure much raised!)
Ostatnio była dyskusja o celnikach i konieczności umieszczania napisu "Dry insects" :P 8)
Awatar użytkownika
Grzegorz Banasiak
UTM: DC45
Podziękował(-a): 2 times
Podziękowano: 1 time
Kontakt:

Re: inna "ciekawostka" z wyspy ;)

Post autor: Grzegorz Banasiak »

Bo wysyłanie martwego owada poczta traktuje na równi z wysłaniem gnijącej krowy. Ot, wszystko.
Jak pytają - najlepiej powiedzieć, że to figurki z plastiku albo drewna :-)
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Sprawy entomologiczne”